Sunday, January 16, 2011

Letting my self go after marriage

7 years ago, I made a promise to myself to never let go of myself after marriage, which is a promise I failed to keep after giving birth, it Is not only about the weight, or my appearance that I neglected, I let go of many things that were once very important to me. My reading, painting, playing my guitar, and writing in my journal, are all things I miss dearly and want back in my life. When I do find time for me I am usually too tired and exhausted that the only thing I end up doing is collapsing on the sofa, watching TV and stuffing my face with whatever is in front of me…after kids and if you work full time, YOU move to the bottom of the priority ladder…I hate what I have become, It is not me…I want to find that women again. In the past week I literally forced my self to do the following: buy two new books which I intend to read in 2011!! And I started taking vitamins daily which is helping my memory, giving more energy and staying focused. My emotions have always been part of why I binge, I am planning on using a different strategy in 2011, a strategy that revolves around being gentler with my self and taking care of my self in addition to my family.
I have a good feeling about 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Mariam, it's a very nice blog, i like your honesty, at least you're not one of those women who give up, we all lose ourselves every now and thenthe fact that you know it means you will get back on track one day :)

    best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hana for the encouraging words

    ReplyDelete