Monday, September 13, 2010

Baby steps

It is never a good day to start with my “HEALTHY EATING LIFESTYLE”  there is always an excuse and a reason to not commit and make the right choices. Lately I am finding my self munching all the time, I can not stay an hour without actually shoving something in my mouth… I eat when I am happy, angry, and stressed, I eat all the time except when I am hungr­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­y! I actually do not recall the last time I felt hunger!!
The worst part is that I am no longer able to keep up with my little girls, I collapse on the sofa after 10 minutes of running after them, playing tickling monster. I want to come from work and have enough energy to take them to the park, dance and jump with them.

I didn’t always had weight problems, my emotional binging started back in 2005 during my first pregnancy. I didn’t get any of the typical morning sickness, or stomach nausea, in fact it was the complete opposite, I craved all sort of food and sweets  cheez balls at Midnight, super sized chili burgers, ate quantities of pesto pasta that can feed a village,….and the pounds crept in, I did eat the healthy stuff because I always liked my veggies, but with the broccoli came cheddar cheese and white sauce. Thinking back I can not believe the quantity of food I ate!

Whatever I did before didn’t work, going on strict diets, taking diet pills, and joining a gym didn’t work. For s starter I am going to take it one day at a time, baby steps through changing bad habits… I am hoping this blog will help me stay focused and motivated, but most importantly to be true and transparent to my self.
I usually start strong, excited, committed, and focused, then when I do not see quick results, I give up…baby steps, one day at a time is what I will do differently, small daily goals.

STARTING WEIGHT = 88 kgs


3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your journey Mary Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Fairy :) first of all I MISS YOU, having said that, I read the whole thing and I must say I have nothing but major respect! Putting yourself out there with all your thoughts and feelings is just great.

    I'd be a liar if I say that I know what you're exactly going through because I'm not a mom and don't have all those responsibilities and lack of time for myself but I can somehow relate.

    It's all about baby steps and lots of working out (look who's talking)! I'm going back to my diet very soon and back to the gym, if we can manage going to the gym together it would be great, you would be more motivated when there are people with you (I've tried it). I know with everything you have going on during your day you probably can't spend an hour in the gym but Curves only tajes 25 minutes, wanna try that?!

    And keep one thing in mind, you're not doing this for the people around you regardless if they are friends or family, who cares about what other people think!! You're doing this for Mary to feel great, to look great, to be healthy and to be able to keep up with the little ones :)

    Good luck and I know you can do it girl!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete