Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 5: Just say NO! Ya right!

Today was my baby girl’s baptism and as in all of our family gatherings it revolved around food anddrinks. My husband’s family is very close, we have weekly get-togethers where my Mother in law spread the table with all sort of saliva-inducing food and sweets. Problem is it involves a lot frying and oily carbs. Fattening like hell!

It is not that they do not support my efforts in losing weight or push food in my face on purpose, I think it has more to do with them showing love and care through food, and for some reason they get offended if I didn’t try all the kinds on the table. It is like I am not showing appreciation for the effort and time they put into the cooking and preparation. Although I enjoy spending time with them, but it is very hard sticking to a meal plan
I tried the below and they do work sometimes:

1- Hide in the bathroom and fake Diarrhea 2- Fake terrible stomach ache 3- Schedule baby’s nap around lunch time so that I can excuse myself and go to the bedroom. 4- Invent and emergency and leave before desert 5- Start with the salad and eat very very slowly

Mini goals for the day: no goals were met for today, I just want this day to end so that I can start over tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment