Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 7:Yes I am Fat but you’re Ugly!

I was always comfortable about saying the word fat, and I had no problems with sharing how much I actually weigh, I wasn’t ashamed of it, I didn’t like it but it was part of who I am. I have had my share of rude comments about weight and I learnt to answer back.

After returning to work from my 3 months maternity leave I got many comments from coworkers: “Oh My God, are you pregnant again?”, “You don’t look like you lost a lot of weight after delivery?” Or “did you join a gym yet?” and I answer back with stuff like, ”At least I can do something about my weight, but darling what about that nose of yours?” Or “NO I am not pregnant again, but you have been married for how long 3 years now? No babies? Is the wife ok?” And then they get offended what the hell! Why is it ok for you to insult me and give me rude comments, if you have your own insecurities don’t come and throw your crap on me…

Insults from family members are the best – my aunt actually thinks she is doing me a favor by calling me a cow! She actually thinks that she is motivating me and giving me incentives to lose the weight! I keep my mouth shut around her, because I know if I answered back, she will stop talking to me, and I don’t want that.

An Ex-good friend of mine during her last visit, kept hitting my ass saying “Oh Mary lose that ass, you can do it”…”Oh my god I seriously can’t believe how much you gained? It is not healthy”…and in all of our telephone calls, she asks about my current weight? a couple of months back, I went to visit her at her house, her dad was there, and the weight comments continued, and her dad joined in with a couple of fat people jokes! Oh come on…her father and husband smoke, so don’t come lecture me about becoming healthy…ARGGG some people!

I have food addiction, I can not hide it like the other addictions. And it is not only about exercising or eating right, there is a lot of emotional stuff involved and it is a daily struggle.
I didn’t get the chance to post anything yesterday. I did my exercise 25 min on treadmill, and the crunches exercise but over did it with the carbs.

Mini goals for today:
1-    Food journal
2-    25 treadmill
3-    20 crunches and 20 twist crunches (10 each side)
4-    10 min Quick Fix DVD
5-    Drink  8 glasses of water

No comments:

Post a Comment