Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 12: The Devil made me do it!

I didn’t do well the past two days, I got a cold, and I craved all kinds of comfort food (comfort food is eeeevillllll, plus I didn’t have the energy to exercise for more than 10 minutes.…I can not stop thinking about FOOD! I think of it all the time, when I am having breakfast, I think of lunch, and when I am having lunch, I wonder what’s for dinner? There is this constant conversation going on inside my head, and someone whispering in my ears like we see in cartoons and movies, the devil and angel on each shoulder, last night didn’t go as planned, and YES it is the devil’s fault, I was sick and helpless…OKAY!


The Devil: Junk food is not devil food, it will give you gratification and comfort
The Angel; you need a home-made chicken soup for your cold
The Devil: but you are too tired to cook anything now, how about having that chocolate you hide in the cupboard
The Angel: This chocolate is not what your body needs right now, a cup of green tea will make you feel much better
The Devil: It is just a KitKat!! it will not ruin your whole journey
The DAMN Devil won and I had the Kitkat, chips followed by pita with cheddar cheese, I felt so bad afterwards and checked the calories I consumed in that hour and it reached around 700 calories!!! I feel so bad!
I seriously do not know why I always think of FOOD! It is not that I am depriving my body from nutrients, I am eating more than I am supposed to, my friend says it is boredom, but I am always busy with a million thing to do, I guess it is just the opposite, I need to slow down and work on decreasing the stresses in my life, 
Goal: always always have vegetables and fruits ready to be eaten in my fridge, so that when I binge, I binge on cucumbers, apples and carrots.

4 comments:

  1. U ate what u ate and the day is finished so u have 2day , concentrate on NOW and stop feeling bad and who says that angels always win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom, love your kick in the ass attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and an extra comment on this day's entry. If the food isn't in the house, it can't be eaten... :) As an advocate for the angel, my tip of the day is: throw out all the naughty devilish food and stock your fridge and pantry with only good angel food. Snacking on carrots is much better than snacking on kit kat (which by the way is also my favourite chocolate).

    But don't worry. Tomorrow is another day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dana for posting the tips, i wanted them in my face to go back to them

    ReplyDelete